- ICYMI: The summer hours for 2017-18 school registration are now available on the Board website. Details: ow.ly/mqxL30cJX4d 27 minutes ago
- The unofficial vote tally from the June 23 #Georgina by-election is now available on the Town of Georgina website. ow.ly/D1OH30cTxNO 1 hour ago
- Have you applied for the Student Trustee Innovation grant? There's still time! Get your applications in by June 28. ow.ly/eeZg30cOqZ4 2 hours ago
- To all those who celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr, we wish you and your families a very happy celebration. ow.ly/Lci6301YAcO #EidMubarak 17 hours ago
- #YRDSB Graduation ceremony to be held for students of Adult Day School, PSW program and iGrad. Details: ow.ly/u3Xx30cQDga 2 days ago
- Flags at #YRDSB buildings are being flown at half-mast today - June 23 - to mark the National Day of Remembrance for Victims of Terrorism. 2 days ago
- The unofficial results of the #Georgina Trustee by-election will be available on the evening of June 23, 2017 at ow.ly/ZeX630cOMRp 2 days ago
- Please read the latest message from our Interim Director of Education, Kathryn Wallace. ow.ly/ZCWn30cQmeY 2 days ago
- RT @CBC: A guide to taking your family to a powwow for the first time cbc.ca/parents/learni… https://t.co/WrOMhBqXH3 3 days ago
- Today is Voting Day for the by-election to fill the #Georgina Trustee vacancy. Find your local polling station here… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Weather conditions
February 5, 2014Posted by on
To our families,
School buses and taxis are cancelled today Wednesday February 5, 2014. Transportation will not run this morning or this afternoon. School is open today.
If you bring your child to school and s/he normally takes the school bus you must also provide transportation home for your child today at 3:15 p.m. dismissal.
Morning entry times will be extended due to the conditions.
Please walk and drive safely this morning.
And yes, apparently spring is just over 7 weeks away. Until then, we continue to support each other through this prominent Canadian Winter with smiles.
January 21, 2013Posted by on
As I blogged in December: As Winter approaches, it is now getting colder outside. Please be sure that your child(ren) is dressed appropriately (hat, gloves, winter jacket, scarves, boots, extra sweater) to keep warm for outdoor activities as they will still be going outside during morning and lunch recesses.
It may be prudent to send an extra set of clothes to school in case children become wet from outdoor play. Also, please ensure students have a pair of indoor shoes for the winter season. In the event of severe inclement weather, students will be kept inside during all or part of the recess break. Please make sure your child(ren) have a hat, mittens (gloves), winter jacket, scarves, boots, extra sweaters etc to keep warm. If your child(ren) is well enough to be at school, he/she is well enough to go outside to get fresh air.
This week we will monitor the wind chill and make decisions in conjunction with our board’s Extreme Weather policy and guidelines. Please understand there may be times we ask students to come in first thing in the morning due to windchill but then go out at lunchtime if conditions improve. It is important students are prepared to go outside when weather permits.
Also, I welcome all students who have joined us on our Winter Walks. They should continue to listen for announcements and participate when they can to also enjoy our Canadian winters.
For everyone who loves winter, this week is sure to please. If you prefer the warmer weather, then no doubt, this week will help remind us of the sunnier and warmer days to come.