- RT @ONThealth: It's not too late to make healthy goals for 2018! Check out these healthy #NewYear resolutions from @ParticipACTION (English… 2 hours ago
- Kindergarten registration is officially open! Learn more about the process or register your child today! Don't forg… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Walking through Plant Services, Louise met a friend who is also in their first week at the Board. Thanks for showin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Last stop of the day, but definitely not the least is our Plant Services team! The staff that work behind scenes to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 6 hours ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 9 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Weather conditions
February 5, 2014Posted by on
To our families,
School buses and taxis are cancelled today Wednesday February 5, 2014. Transportation will not run this morning or this afternoon. School is open today.
If you bring your child to school and s/he normally takes the school bus you must also provide transportation home for your child today at 3:15 p.m. dismissal.
Morning entry times will be extended due to the conditions.
Please walk and drive safely this morning.
And yes, apparently spring is just over 7 weeks away. Until then, we continue to support each other through this prominent Canadian Winter with smiles.
January 21, 2013Posted by on
As I blogged in December: As Winter approaches, it is now getting colder outside. Please be sure that your child(ren) is dressed appropriately (hat, gloves, winter jacket, scarves, boots, extra sweater) to keep warm for outdoor activities as they will still be going outside during morning and lunch recesses.
It may be prudent to send an extra set of clothes to school in case children become wet from outdoor play. Also, please ensure students have a pair of indoor shoes for the winter season. In the event of severe inclement weather, students will be kept inside during all or part of the recess break. Please make sure your child(ren) have a hat, mittens (gloves), winter jacket, scarves, boots, extra sweaters etc to keep warm. If your child(ren) is well enough to be at school, he/she is well enough to go outside to get fresh air.
This week we will monitor the wind chill and make decisions in conjunction with our board’s Extreme Weather policy and guidelines. Please understand there may be times we ask students to come in first thing in the morning due to windchill but then go out at lunchtime if conditions improve. It is important students are prepared to go outside when weather permits.
Also, I welcome all students who have joined us on our Winter Walks. They should continue to listen for announcements and participate when they can to also enjoy our Canadian winters.
For everyone who loves winter, this week is sure to please. If you prefer the warmer weather, then no doubt, this week will help remind us of the sunnier and warmer days to come.