- RT @ONThealth: It's not too late to make healthy goals for 2018! Check out these healthy #NewYear resolutions from @ParticipACTION (English… 2 hours ago
- Kindergarten registration is officially open! Learn more about the process or register your child today! Don't forg… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Walking through Plant Services, Louise met a friend who is also in their first week at the Board. Thanks for showin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Last stop of the day, but definitely not the least is our Plant Services team! The staff that work behind scenes to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 6 hours ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 9 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Well being
April 17, 2014Posted by on
Thanks to our Eco Team for this exciting update:
Earth week is next week – already! To help us achieve Eco Schools qualifications, next Tuesday, April 22nd we will be participating in Lights Out. This is where we encourage staff and students to turn out as many lights and turn off as many electronics as possible from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Next Friday, April 25th, we will also be participating in Vaughan’s 20 minute makeover.
A brief mini assembly will take place in the gym starting at 1:45 where Vaughan Councillor Carella will be speaking and kicking off this event. We appreciate the Town of Vaughan’s support with our event. Then from 2-2:30 p.m students will help clean up the neighborhood. Every division will be cleaning a different section.
We look forward to the events occurring next week with the support of our school’s Eco Team.
March 6, 2014Posted by on
Congratulations to our students and staff for their fine work over these past three months. We have arrived at the annual March Break in what seems like a very fast pace. So much has happened over the past few months at our school for us to celebrate. As I captured yesterday, our school has seen much happen both in and out of the classroom. With March Break upon us, it is time for us to pause. Breaks helps us to refuel and renergise. Breaks allow us time with our friends and families. Our students have worked hard and deserve the break ahead of them to pursue their own interests and enjoy time with their families. Our staff will be hard at work tomorrow engaged in professional learning, but they will also enjoy some time next week at a slower pace. Breaks also allow us all to reconnect with each other.
We wish everyone a safe and happy time ahead.
High fives as well to everyone for persevering through one of the toughest winters in recent memory.
We are true Canadians!
Shortly after our March Break will come the start of spring – longer days and warmer days…we promise…
On behalf of the school please enjoy the upcoming March Break.
Mr. Collins & Ms. Bongard
March 5, 2014Posted by on
Today, we enjoyed another good news assembly.
Here are some highlights:
– We had a grade 1/2 class share a poem on Black History Month and share work they have been doing on a Kindness Quilt Project
– Our intermediate band performed for us all
– We celebrated the hard work of our boys and girls basketball teams
– One of our FDK classes shared a video from their inquiry on oceans
– Our School Eco Team shared a new initiative on Boomerang Lunches and handed out the Golden Recycling Bin
– Our care taking team shared the winner of the Golden Garbage Can Award
– Grade 7s shared some poetry
– Our Student Council celebrated the success of their Cookie Campaign
Another new month, another great assembly.
Good students, good staff, good news.
Mr. Collins & Ms. Bongard
January 8, 2014Posted by on
We are grateful to our staff for their work in our classrooms each day. We are also thankful when staff volunteer to provide opportunities outside of the instructional day. Currently, there are many additional opportunities for your children to be involved in, including:
– Primary soccer intramurals that take place Mondays at lunch.
– Junior boys and girls volleyball teams.
– Intermediate floor hockey intramurals that run Wednesdays and Fridays.
– Homework club for junior and intermediate students taking place on Wednesdays.
– Extra help sessions run by teachers at recesses or during the lunch hour
– Our School Eco Team runs each day at lunch.
– Our school Positive Climates for Learning committee meets a few times a month.
– We have junior helpers for our primary classrooms at lunch and for our Learning Commons.
– Our school Sign Language club runs weekly for all grades.
– A social skills leadership team run by our Educational Assistants and CYWs.
– An intermediate Girls’ Group runs Thursdays at lunch.
– Our Healthy Snack program includes student helpers.
– We have a student blog team that meets weekly.
– Intermediate Student Council meets monthly.
We again thank the staff for their time and effort organizing and running these varied opportunities.
We also want to thank the students for their enthusiasm, initiative and commitment towards these opportunities.
If your child has not yet become involved please talk with them about trying something special and fun at our school.
Mr. Collins & Ms. Bongard