- This Nov #YRDSB will engage students from K-12 to take part in the Every Student Counts Survey. We want to hear fro… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- #YRDSB is committed to to creating safe, healthy and inclusive learning environments for our students. We want fami… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- RT @WilshireLibrary: Happening now! Our grade 5 students participating in #studentvote! This is #democracy in action! They are so proud to… 19 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Want a chance to win $500 for your school? #IGNITETechGrant applications are open and you have until Dec 14 to apply for your… 20 hours ago
- Next week is #BusSafetyWeek and our schools will be practicing and learning how to stay safe. Interested in how you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- The International Baccalaureate application process opens tomorrow at 10AM! Check out this video that outlines the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @WilshireLibrary: Tomorrow our grade 5 students @WilshireES are excited to participate in #studentvote. Tonight they are interviewing th… 1 day ago
- RT @Thomasci: A HUGE Congratulations goes out to our #YRDSB folks who are being recognized with a Provincial Yes I Can Award at the @CECMem… 1 day ago
- RT @LJWargo: Go purple for #SpiritDay @trudeauhs @YRDSB on October 18 #inclusivity #wearebettertogether https://t.co/43NhE3aRua 1 day ago
- #DYK that Emily Carr was one of the first Canadian painters to adopt a Modernist and Post-Impressionist painting st… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: YRDSB news
February 3, 2014Posted by on
Our school board is pleased to announce the launch of its New Mission, Vision, Values and Slogan
Mission: To advance student achievement and well-being through public education, which motivates learners, fosters inclusion, inspires innovation and builds community.
The Board last reviewed these statements in the late 1990s. Since that time, education in York Region has been influenced by a number of significant changes, including changes in technology, in our communities and in our learning environments. Community members, parents/guardians, staff members and students had the opportunity to provide input and share ideas about the ideal future of public education in York Region. Thank you to everyone who participated in the process.
For more information, visit the Board website at http://www.yrdsb.ca.
September 10, 2013Posted by on
General Interest Courses
YRDSB General Interest Courses have experienced a steady decline in client registrations for the past six years. As a result, YRDSB General Interest Courses have operated at a financial loss in 2011-12 and 2012-13. This information was brought forward and discussed at the Board Standing Committee Meeting on May 21. At the June 4, 2013 Board Meeting, the decision was made to discontinue General Interest Courses.
Thank you for your past support of YRDSB General Interest Courses,
Continuing Education Services
June 4, 2013Posted by on
“We unite in our purpose to inspire and prepare learners for life in our changing world community.” – YRDSB Mission Statement
Our Board is proud of the Mission, Vision and Values statements that we have followed for the last 16 years which have outlined our core purposes and collective commitments to meet the needs of our students and communities. We are now preparing a review of our statements to ensure that we continue to be aligned with our current and future context. The board is seeking input from a variety of stake holders such as school trustees, parents, staff and students. Parents and guardians who are interested in giving their feedback are asked to access a short survey online at www.surveymonkey.com/s/yrdsbmvvsurvey2013. The survey will be available online until June 28, 2013. Thank you for your involvement.
March 19, 2013Posted by on
Our board is pleased to offer parents an opportunity to hear Dr. Wendy Craig speak about Parents as Partners in Preventing Bullying – online and offline. If you are interested please see our board website for more information.
One of our staff members will be attending a session by Dr. Craig as well to support the work within our School Improvement Plan.