- February 18 is Family Day! Yay! Check out all school holidays and important dates in our Learning Calendar:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- #DYK, flag experts (vexillologists) often cite the flag of Canada as one of the world's most beautiful based on its… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Become a lifeguard and swim instructor. Registration is open for the YRDSB Aquatic Leadership Program Part 2 Course… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- It's National Flag of Canada Day! On Feb 15, 1965 Canada's flag was raised for the first time. In 1996, Parliament… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Winter Night School classes start tonight, Thurs Feb 14, at the Dr. Bette Stephenson Centre for Learning in Richmon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- We are hiring for several positions, including a School Assistant (Lunch-Time Supervisor) at Wellington Public Scho… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @DPS_YRDSB: A HUGE Thank You to the staff members and Parent Volunteer who helped prepare 200 delicious cupcakes being given out as Swee… 2 days ago
- RT @yrdsb_skills: Round 3 of the @YRDSB elementary robotics @TheWoodsPS is underway! #yrsc2019 https://t.co/obhFunPmo3 2 days ago
- RT @yrdsb_skills: Judges and coaches are prepped as we begin our @YRDSB robotics qualifier #YRSC2019 @TheWoodsPS ! https://t.co/yLgKJYGN46 2 days ago
- RT @yrdsb_schomberg: Kindness Club at Schomberg Public School raising money for the Hospital for Sick Children on Valentine’s Day! @yrdsb_s… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: YRDSB news
February 3, 2014Posted by on
Our school board is pleased to announce the launch of its New Mission, Vision, Values and Slogan
Mission: To advance student achievement and well-being through public education, which motivates learners, fosters inclusion, inspires innovation and builds community.
The Board last reviewed these statements in the late 1990s. Since that time, education in York Region has been influenced by a number of significant changes, including changes in technology, in our communities and in our learning environments. Community members, parents/guardians, staff members and students had the opportunity to provide input and share ideas about the ideal future of public education in York Region. Thank you to everyone who participated in the process.
For more information, visit the Board website at http://www.yrdsb.ca.
September 10, 2013Posted by on
General Interest Courses
YRDSB General Interest Courses have experienced a steady decline in client registrations for the past six years. As a result, YRDSB General Interest Courses have operated at a financial loss in 2011-12 and 2012-13. This information was brought forward and discussed at the Board Standing Committee Meeting on May 21. At the June 4, 2013 Board Meeting, the decision was made to discontinue General Interest Courses.
Thank you for your past support of YRDSB General Interest Courses,
Continuing Education Services
June 4, 2013Posted by on
“We unite in our purpose to inspire and prepare learners for life in our changing world community.” – YRDSB Mission Statement
Our Board is proud of the Mission, Vision and Values statements that we have followed for the last 16 years which have outlined our core purposes and collective commitments to meet the needs of our students and communities. We are now preparing a review of our statements to ensure that we continue to be aligned with our current and future context. The board is seeking input from a variety of stake holders such as school trustees, parents, staff and students. Parents and guardians who are interested in giving their feedback are asked to access a short survey online at www.surveymonkey.com/s/yrdsbmvvsurvey2013. The survey will be available online until June 28, 2013. Thank you for your involvement.
March 19, 2013Posted by on
Our board is pleased to offer parents an opportunity to hear Dr. Wendy Craig speak about Parents as Partners in Preventing Bullying – online and offline. If you are interested please see our board website for more information.
One of our staff members will be attending a session by Dr. Craig as well to support the work within our School Improvement Plan.