- Parents - Here are some tips for speaking with your child after a tragic event. ow.ly/6qgD30jnP2u twitter.com/YRDSB/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Staff and students from @BarbaraReidPS will be celebrating their official opening celebration with the school's nam… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Our thoughts, best wishes and support go out to all those affected by the incident involving a van and pedestrians… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Hey #YRDSB, did you know it's Pitch-in Canada week? Do your part this week to help clean up, restore and beautify t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Have a passion for research? Interested in continuing your learning over the summer while getting 2 credits? Check… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- Please consider joining us at an upcoming consultation. ow.ly/WM7g30jD2PZ twitter.com/YRDSBDirector/… 11 hours ago
- RT @eqao: Are you a student in an Ontario public school between Grade 7 and 12? Do you want to make a difference in the work of EQAO? If y… 12 hours ago
- RT @ONeducation: Happy Canada Book Day! Reading to children and talking about their ideas helps them reach a deeper level of understanding.… 13 hours ago
- RT @CecilRoachSO: Thank you to our CEC North community for giving up your time on this beautiful spring day. @YRDSB truly values parent and… 1 day ago
- Getting to know each other at the @SWMSS_Ravens #YRDSBTownHall https://t.co/BqKPwfsrV5 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our School Touchstone
Last spring, our students, staff and community embarked on a journey to develop a school touchstone. On September 3, 2013, we launched the final version of everyone’s hard work.
We think you’ll love what we’ve created:
Lorna Jackson Touchstone
Lorna Jackson is our home away from home; a family.
Aspiring to become the best we can be, we take risks to achieve our goals.
Not afraid to accept the challenge of the harder path, our setbacks drive us to seek success.
Thinking before we speak and act, we are respectful of others and of ourselves.
We are dedicated to our learning as it paints the picture that is our future.
We live our core values:
We are unique individuals working collaboratively, and working together is a process.
When one of us falls, others will surely be there.
We are devoted to the improvement of our community, helping those in need.
We are not bystanders; we stand together.
STINGERS soar high!
Our monthly foci:
In September we focused on aspiring to become the best we can be
In October we reflected on how working together is a process
In November, we reflected on how we are respectful of others and of ourselves.
In December, we reflected on helping those in need.
In January, we reflected on how not to be afraid to accept the challenge of the harder path.
In February we reflected on how we ensure that when one of us falls, others will surely be there.
In March we reflected on how to think before we speak.
In April, we are reflecting on how to think before we act.