- We can't wait to see it! twitter.com/Shieldinit/sta… 1 hour ago
- REMINDER - Thursday, June 27 is a PA for secondary schools and Friday, June 28 is a PA day for all elementary schoo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @CecilRoachSO: Proud to represent @YRDSB ‘s @yrdsbinclusion dept. who partnered with the Canadian Tamil Medical Association to have this… 5 hours ago
- It's the last week of school!!! Wishing every one of our students and staff a great last week of the 2018-19 school… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Students and staff @RomeoDallairePS had a special visit from The White Pine Dancers who shared the gift of dance st… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @LJWargo: Our very own @charlottexadele Thank you for supporting our indigenous learning this year! @trudeauhs @YRDSB #NationalIndigenou… 2 days ago
- RT @CecilRoachSO: As we celebrate the cultural diversity of indigenous peoples on #NationalIndigenousPeoplesDay let’s commit to changing th… 2 days ago
- RT @PlayInPrimaryEd: We were so fortunate to have three generations of powerful indigenous women share an important story in celebration of… 3 days ago
- As we continue our celebration of #IndigenousPeoplesDay we're reflecting on the importance of knowledge. Meet Charl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- HAPPENING NOW: Congratulations to our very own Principal Pike from @BlackWalnutPS who just recieved the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our School Touchstone
Last spring, our students, staff and community embarked on a journey to develop a school touchstone. On September 3, 2013, we launched the final version of everyone’s hard work.
We think you’ll love what we’ve created:
Lorna Jackson Touchstone
Lorna Jackson is our home away from home; a family.
Aspiring to become the best we can be, we take risks to achieve our goals.
Not afraid to accept the challenge of the harder path, our setbacks drive us to seek success.
Thinking before we speak and act, we are respectful of others and of ourselves.
We are dedicated to our learning as it paints the picture that is our future.
We live our core values:
We are unique individuals working collaboratively, and working together is a process.
When one of us falls, others will surely be there.
We are devoted to the improvement of our community, helping those in need.
We are not bystanders; we stand together.
STINGERS soar high!
Our monthly foci:
In September we focused on aspiring to become the best we can be
In October we reflected on how working together is a process
In November, we reflected on how we are respectful of others and of ourselves.
In December, we reflected on helping those in need.
In January, we reflected on how not to be afraid to accept the challenge of the harder path.
In February we reflected on how we ensure that when one of us falls, others will surely be there.
In March we reflected on how to think before we speak.
In April, we are reflecting on how to think before we act.