- A final thanks and goodbye from Interim Director, Kathryn Wallace & Elder Laureen Blu Waters! A huge thanks goes ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- @ThatHannahAlper asks all the educators in the room to take a pledge to do everything in their power to end bullyi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- RT @ontteacher01: One thing that resonated with me at #YRDSBQuest was the power of saying YES from @ThatHannahAlper . What resonated with y… 15 hours ago
- RT @AnetaFishman: “As educators how will we create a supportive environment?” @RashmiSwarup reflects on the power student voice and the imp… 15 hours ago
- "It behooves us to remove negative environments and build promise for students and community." Patrick Case https://t.co/QLHgNluvRn 15 hours ago
- RT @andreahaefele: Packed house @yrdsbHighgatePS #Wellbeing #YRDSBQuest w/ Performance + @BeharryRashma & I #HSCertES @YRDSB https://t.co/J… 15 hours ago
- RT @CarolCampbell4: .@Anniekidder discussing need for coherence & integration among competences & #Wellbeing #YRDSBQuest @yrdsb https://t.c… 16 hours ago
- RT @CarolCampbell4: Absolutely delighted to welcome @ThatHannahAlper back to #YRDSBQuest It has been a #MomentUS year from Hannah, looking… 16 hours ago
- @Anniekidder is back on the #YRDSBQuest stage and is talking about demigods and doing more! https://t.co/haublViCnA 16 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Loving this Ephemeral Nature Art by students at @TDSS_YRDSB #YRDSBQuest https://t.co/2NgiGqBgro 16 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our School Touchstone
Last spring, our students, staff and community embarked on a journey to develop a school touchstone. On September 3, 2013, we launched the final version of everyone’s hard work.
We think you’ll love what we’ve created:
Lorna Jackson Touchstone
Lorna Jackson is our home away from home; a family.
Aspiring to become the best we can be, we take risks to achieve our goals.
Not afraid to accept the challenge of the harder path, our setbacks drive us to seek success.
Thinking before we speak and act, we are respectful of others and of ourselves.
We are dedicated to our learning as it paints the picture that is our future.
We live our core values:
We are unique individuals working collaboratively, and working together is a process.
When one of us falls, others will surely be there.
We are devoted to the improvement of our community, helping those in need.
We are not bystanders; we stand together.
STINGERS soar high!
Our monthly foci:
In September we focused on aspiring to become the best we can be
In October we reflected on how working together is a process
In November, we reflected on how we are respectful of others and of ourselves.
In December, we reflected on helping those in need.
In January, we reflected on how not to be afraid to accept the challenge of the harder path.
In February we reflected on how we ensure that when one of us falls, others will surely be there.
In March we reflected on how to think before we speak.
In April, we are reflecting on how to think before we act.