- @1059TheRegion @YorkRegionGovt @ycdsb @City_of_Vaughan @cityofmarkham @myRichmondHill @Town_of_Aurora… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 27 minutes ago
- Everyone deserves a birthday celebration, including our four-legged friends, which is why Ms. Heifetz's autism clas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 29 minutes ago
- RT @TowanaBrooks: Gratitude to @Giidaakunadaad1 for challenging educators to think critically about Canada’s truth in the history of Coloni… 1 hour ago
- RT @UNHumanRights: Every #HumanRights leader had dreams for a better world. They made their dreams possible. You can too. “It always seem… 18 hours ago
- Congratulations to Marta from @glenshieldsps who won two gold medals and one silver medal as she represented Canada… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- RT @HistoricaCanada: #OTD in 1948 the @UN adopted the universal declaration of human rights. John Humphrey, a lawyer from Montréal, was a p… 20 hours ago
- RT @ONeducation: It’s not too late to have your say on Ontario’s education system! Share your thoughts with us today: https://t.co/IYHUoS… 20 hours ago
- RT @yrdsb_skills: Registration for space requests for our YRSC events opens tomorrow- December 10th at 9am! #YRSC2019 @YRDSB https://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- An amazing #Broadway calibre performance from such an incredibly talented group of students! @AMHS_Music… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Board Meeting. December 11, 2018 at 7:30PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/7kHb30mVDHK https://t.co/q72hu7lqUW 23 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our School Touchstone
Last spring, our students, staff and community embarked on a journey to develop a school touchstone. On September 3, 2013, we launched the final version of everyone’s hard work.
We think you’ll love what we’ve created:
Lorna Jackson Touchstone
Lorna Jackson is our home away from home; a family.
Aspiring to become the best we can be, we take risks to achieve our goals.
Not afraid to accept the challenge of the harder path, our setbacks drive us to seek success.
Thinking before we speak and act, we are respectful of others and of ourselves.
We are dedicated to our learning as it paints the picture that is our future.
We live our core values:
We are unique individuals working collaboratively, and working together is a process.
When one of us falls, others will surely be there.
We are devoted to the improvement of our community, helping those in need.
We are not bystanders; we stand together.
STINGERS soar high!
Our monthly foci:
In September we focused on aspiring to become the best we can be
In October we reflected on how working together is a process
In November, we reflected on how we are respectful of others and of ourselves.
In December, we reflected on helping those in need.
In January, we reflected on how not to be afraid to accept the challenge of the harder path.
In February we reflected on how we ensure that when one of us falls, others will surely be there.
In March we reflected on how to think before we speak.
In April, we are reflecting on how to think before we act.