- February 18 is Family Day! Yay! Check out all school holidays and important dates in our Learning Calendar:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- #DYK, flag experts (vexillologists) often cite the flag of Canada as one of the world's most beautiful based on its… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Become a lifeguard and swim instructor. Registration is open for the YRDSB Aquatic Leadership Program Part 2 Course… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- It's National Flag of Canada Day! On Feb 15, 1965 Canada's flag was raised for the first time. In 1996, Parliament… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Winter Night School classes start tonight, Thurs Feb 14, at the Dr. Bette Stephenson Centre for Learning in Richmon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- We are hiring for several positions, including a School Assistant (Lunch-Time Supervisor) at Wellington Public Scho… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @DPS_YRDSB: A HUGE Thank You to the staff members and Parent Volunteer who helped prepare 200 delicious cupcakes being given out as Swee… 2 days ago
- RT @yrdsb_skills: Round 3 of the @YRDSB elementary robotics @TheWoodsPS is underway! #yrsc2019 https://t.co/obhFunPmo3 2 days ago
- RT @yrdsb_skills: Judges and coaches are prepped as we begin our @YRDSB robotics qualifier #YRSC2019 @TheWoodsPS ! https://t.co/yLgKJYGN46 2 days ago
- RT @yrdsb_schomberg: Kindness Club at Schomberg Public School raising money for the Hospital for Sick Children on Valentine’s Day! @yrdsb_s… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our School Touchstone
Last spring, our students, staff and community embarked on a journey to develop a school touchstone. On September 3, 2013, we launched the final version of everyone’s hard work.
We think you’ll love what we’ve created:
Lorna Jackson Touchstone
Lorna Jackson is our home away from home; a family.
Aspiring to become the best we can be, we take risks to achieve our goals.
Not afraid to accept the challenge of the harder path, our setbacks drive us to seek success.
Thinking before we speak and act, we are respectful of others and of ourselves.
We are dedicated to our learning as it paints the picture that is our future.
We live our core values:
We are unique individuals working collaboratively, and working together is a process.
When one of us falls, others will surely be there.
We are devoted to the improvement of our community, helping those in need.
We are not bystanders; we stand together.
STINGERS soar high!
Our monthly foci:
In September we focused on aspiring to become the best we can be
In October we reflected on how working together is a process
In November, we reflected on how we are respectful of others and of ourselves.
In December, we reflected on helping those in need.
In January, we reflected on how not to be afraid to accept the challenge of the harder path.
In February we reflected on how we ensure that when one of us falls, others will surely be there.
In March we reflected on how to think before we speak.
In April, we are reflecting on how to think before we act.