- Registration for Adult Day School Quad 1 is on August 27th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm at Dr. Bette Stephenson Centre f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Welcome to all our international students! We hope you have an amazing school year! twitter.com/YRDSB_IES/stat… 15 hours ago
- This year the #YRDSBQuest conference is pleased offer sponsorship opportunities! Interested in engaging with over 1… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @oneofeach74 Hello, can you send us a DM with details so we can help? Thank you. 4 days ago
- Go check out this amazing project! twitter.com/cityofmarkham/… 4 days ago
- The 2018-19 Guide To The School Year is now available online! Check out this year's guide and get prepped to head b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @rntt1 Hello, all the information regarding course offerings are under the menu items on the left side of the page… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Interested in becoming a Personal Support Worker? Registration for the full-time fall #PSW program opens August 28.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @mfrank_76: #congratulations @Kauldergrove on being recipient 2017-18 @ETFOeducators #NewMemberAward - A deeply dedicated & enthusiastic… 6 days ago
- The staff at the #YRDSBMuseum are gearing up to welcome back our students! T-Minus 21 days and counting!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
School Improvement Plan
Our 2013/2014 School Improvement Plan
Our plan incorporates various aspects of our board’s work including:
– Our trustees’ Multi-Year Plan
– Our overall Board Improvement Plan
We arrived at this plan through our past work, current data on student achievement, board and Ministry of Education goals and feedback from staff, students and parents.
The plan is our guide for our work as a school this year. It is important to note that the SIP is not everything we do in the school; no single document can capture the scope of our work. Rather, the plan contains our focus areas for all of us to work collaboratively on throughout this school year. It is two pages and has the following key focus areas:
– Equity and inclusive education
– Well Being
The plan’s template is standardized throughout the board and mirrors the Board Improvement Plan in it’s layout. It outlines our plan, design and implementation strategies and a section for monitoring our work. The plan also contains hyperlinks within it to allow you to delve deeper into some of the strategies, resources, policies and procedures that guide our work. (note that a few links are accessible only by YRDSB staff).
Finally, it is important to know that the plan is not fixed. Rather, it is a living document. We need to refer back to it, assess it’s impact, modify it as necessary and allow it to evolve based on our feedback, successes and emerging school needs. It needs to be a working document.
We welcome your feedback either here on the blog, in person or at school council meetings.
The plan guides our work, but “the work” itself is what happens each day at Lorna Jackson.
We look forward to that journey together.