- “Tolerance is an act of humanity, which we must nurture and enact each in own lives every day, to rejoice in the di… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @MehtaBrenda @microsoftcanada @FCLEdu We will be posting most of the keynotes presentations, all the student voice… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @mswolfstadt: A great morning of learning at William Armstrong P.S. about “Taking the Learning Outside.” A beautiful day to explore the… 1 day ago
- RT @Thomasci: So grateful to take part in this morning’s Quest Learning by Doing session. Students shared their stories and accomplishments… 1 day ago
- RT @16thAvePS: Our learning by doing session was a HUGE success! Thank you to our Well-Being Team, you are rockstars!! #yrdsbQUEST @YRDSB @… 1 day ago
- That's a wrap on the #YRDSBQuest Learning By Doing sessions and our final day of The Quest for Well-being! Thank yo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- #YRDSBQuest attendees at Armitage Village PS are exploring identities, discussing bias and privilege and celebratin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- On a story walk with the #YRDSBQuest ‘over the hill and through the fields’ workshop @NLPSIceCats https://t.co/8FMuxkGH6W 1 day ago
- #YRDSBQuest educators learning about the value of outdoor education with @NLPSIceCats https://t.co/THPlAjSq27 1 day ago
- Attendees are beginning their #storywalk and are making connections to the land, reflecting on their surroundings a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
School Improvement Plan
Our 2013/2014 School Improvement Plan
Our plan incorporates various aspects of our board’s work including:
– Our trustees’ Multi-Year Plan
– Our overall Board Improvement Plan
We arrived at this plan through our past work, current data on student achievement, board and Ministry of Education goals and feedback from staff, students and parents.
The plan is our guide for our work as a school this year. It is important to note that the SIP is not everything we do in the school; no single document can capture the scope of our work. Rather, the plan contains our focus areas for all of us to work collaboratively on throughout this school year. It is two pages and has the following key focus areas:
– Equity and inclusive education
– Well Being
The plan’s template is standardized throughout the board and mirrors the Board Improvement Plan in it’s layout. It outlines our plan, design and implementation strategies and a section for monitoring our work. The plan also contains hyperlinks within it to allow you to delve deeper into some of the strategies, resources, policies and procedures that guide our work. (note that a few links are accessible only by YRDSB staff).
Finally, it is important to know that the plan is not fixed. Rather, it is a living document. We need to refer back to it, assess it’s impact, modify it as necessary and allow it to evolve based on our feedback, successes and emerging school needs. It needs to be a working document.
We welcome your feedback either here on the blog, in person or at school council meetings.
The plan guides our work, but “the work” itself is what happens each day at Lorna Jackson.
We look forward to that journey together.