- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Please join us for the upcoming EIAC community consultations. Check out flyers below for information & details. Third I… 3 hours ago
- RT @YorkRegionGovt: Is your school participating in #BikeToSchool Week? Private schools in York Region, @YRDSB and @YCDSB schools can regis… 3 hours ago
- TONIGHT - We will be @MHS_YRDSB hosting a town hall and gathering critical feedback to help influence the #YRDSB Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Our sincerest condolences to Renuka's family and @tdsb. Our thoughts are with your communities and families. twitter.com/tdsb/status/98… 7 hours ago
- RT @MsB_ELL: So proud of our Parkview students who got an honourable mention today for best picture at the water documentary film festival!… 7 hours ago
- Students and staff from @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental action projects through… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today we honour the administrative staff that work behind the scenes in our Board to support student achievement an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018! Get your registrations in by 12PM today. The event will take… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Amazing! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... Or in this case when life gives you an ice storm, make a stic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
School Improvement Plan
Our 2013/2014 School Improvement Plan
Our plan incorporates various aspects of our board’s work including:
– Our trustees’ Multi-Year Plan
– Our overall Board Improvement Plan
We arrived at this plan through our past work, current data on student achievement, board and Ministry of Education goals and feedback from staff, students and parents.
The plan is our guide for our work as a school this year. It is important to note that the SIP is not everything we do in the school; no single document can capture the scope of our work. Rather, the plan contains our focus areas for all of us to work collaboratively on throughout this school year. It is two pages and has the following key focus areas:
– Equity and inclusive education
– Well Being
The plan’s template is standardized throughout the board and mirrors the Board Improvement Plan in it’s layout. It outlines our plan, design and implementation strategies and a section for monitoring our work. The plan also contains hyperlinks within it to allow you to delve deeper into some of the strategies, resources, policies and procedures that guide our work. (note that a few links are accessible only by YRDSB staff).
Finally, it is important to know that the plan is not fixed. Rather, it is a living document. We need to refer back to it, assess it’s impact, modify it as necessary and allow it to evolve based on our feedback, successes and emerging school needs. It needs to be a working document.
We welcome your feedback either here on the blog, in person or at school council meetings.
The plan guides our work, but “the work” itself is what happens each day at Lorna Jackson.
We look forward to that journey together.