- RT @ONThealth: It's not too late to make healthy goals for 2018! Check out these healthy #NewYear resolutions from @ParticipACTION (English… 2 hours ago
- Kindergarten registration is officially open! Learn more about the process or register your child today! Don't forg… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Walking through Plant Services, Louise met a friend who is also in their first week at the Board. Thanks for showin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Last stop of the day, but definitely not the least is our Plant Services team! The staff that work behind scenes to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 6 hours ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 9 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
School Improvement Plan
Our 2013/2014 School Improvement Plan
Our plan incorporates various aspects of our board’s work including:
– Our trustees’ Multi-Year Plan
– Our overall Board Improvement Plan
We arrived at this plan through our past work, current data on student achievement, board and Ministry of Education goals and feedback from staff, students and parents.
The plan is our guide for our work as a school this year. It is important to note that the SIP is not everything we do in the school; no single document can capture the scope of our work. Rather, the plan contains our focus areas for all of us to work collaboratively on throughout this school year. It is two pages and has the following key focus areas:
– Equity and inclusive education
– Well Being
The plan’s template is standardized throughout the board and mirrors the Board Improvement Plan in it’s layout. It outlines our plan, design and implementation strategies and a section for monitoring our work. The plan also contains hyperlinks within it to allow you to delve deeper into some of the strategies, resources, policies and procedures that guide our work. (note that a few links are accessible only by YRDSB staff).
Finally, it is important to know that the plan is not fixed. Rather, it is a living document. We need to refer back to it, assess it’s impact, modify it as necessary and allow it to evolve based on our feedback, successes and emerging school needs. It needs to be a working document.
We welcome your feedback either here on the blog, in person or at school council meetings.
The plan guides our work, but “the work” itself is what happens each day at Lorna Jackson.
We look forward to that journey together.